How to generate a URL for SRT/VTT files?
In this article, I will be showing an easy method to create a URL of your SRT or VTT files. I will be using a free service, GitHub Gist. With Gist, you can easily generate URLs of your text files. Here is a step by step explanation:
- Go to GitHub Gist
- Sign-up, or Login to your GitHub account
- Go to GitHub Gist again. It should look like this:
- Fill out the page with your subtitle file. Here is an example below:
- Click on "Create secret gist".
- On the next page, click on the “Raw” button.
- The next page is the URL of your SRT/VTT file. You can use it for your website.
Maestra offers solutions to generate your subtitle files automatically. Maestra’s software suite is an indispensable tool for generating SRT/VTT files. To learn more, visit our website and sign up for a free trial.