How to Add Subtitles to a Video
Adding subtitles to your video is a great way to add an extra layer of engagement and accessibility to your video. Whether you’re creating content for a foreign language market or simply want to make your videos more accessible for people who are hard of hearing, adding subtitles can be a great solution.
Captions ensure that everyone can enjoy your content. Adding subtitles is especially useful and important when creating content for social media since people share this content all over the web and might view it on their smartphones without any audio.
There are a lot of reasons why it’s important to add subtitles to your videos. In this article, we’ll look at how you can add subtitles to your videos in just a few easy steps.
What Are Video Subtitles And Why Should You Use Them?
Video subtitles are text versions of spoken dialogue in videos. They make videos more accessible and easier to understand for viewers who cannot hear the audio or have difficulty understanding it. Adding subtitles to your video can also help you reach a wider audience. People from all over the world can watch and understand your content regardless of their native language.
Subtitle editing tools make it easy for anyone to add subtitles to their videos quickly and easily. Not only do these tools provide a great way for users to add subtitles, but they also allow them to customize the look and feel of their subtitles so that they match the tone of their video content. With these tools, users can create professional-looking subtitles without any prior experience or knowledge.
How To Add Video Subtitles In Maestra
Using a state-of-the-art tool called Maestra Studio, you can add subtitles/captions to your content without lifting a finger. All you’ll need to do is follow a few simple steps. You can add subtitles to your video and edit them all in one place using Maestra.
Here’s how to add subtitles to your video using Maestra’s subtitle generator and subtitle editor.
Adding Video Or Audio Subtitles Using Maestra
- 1. First, Sign up for a Maestra account . Maestra comes with a free 30-minute trial; you can also try out our demo for free! You won’t need to enter a credit or debit card number when signing up for the free trial, so you’ll get to try out the service risk-free if you aren’t ready to commit.
- Open the Maestra website and open the editing tool.
- Click “+New Subtitle” to start a new subtitle project and begin using the subtitle tool.
- Upload your audio or video file. You won’t need to convert your video or audio file before you upload a file to Maestra; Maestra accepts most common file formats.
- Watch as Maestra automatically generates captions for your video or audio file!
- Play the video again. As you watch videos again, check for any errors in the content text. Make any edits accordingly.
- If all you want to do is add subtitles to your video, you can stop and export now. If you want to translate your video’s subtitles into multiple languages , however, you’ll want to read on.
Translating Video Subtitles Using Maestra
Maestra Studio can do so much more than just add English subtitles and captions to your videos. The software can translate your video’s captions into over 70 languages in an instant, allowing more people from all around the world to access and view your video content. Furthermore, captions in other languages can help people learn a new language while watching movies or TV shows.
Subtitle translation is a breeze with Maestra. To translate video subtitles using Maestra, follow the previous steps to add captions/subtitles to your video in the program. Just make sure you don’t export your video yet, since you’ll be working with it for just a little longer in order to have Maestra translate your work.
Once you’re done, click “+New Language” on the side. Once you click this button, your subtitles will be automatically translated into your language of choice. Now that you’ve translated your captions, you can export your video and you’re good to go!
Maestra Studio: The All-In One Subtitling And Editing Tool
If you want to post your videos to social media like YouTube or Facebook, you’ll need to add subtitles/captions for better accessibility. They ensure that everyone who wants to watch your videos, can do so. After all, YouTube videos need to be accessible to be successful; you can translate them , too, for maximum accessibility.
Maestra Studio’s all-in-one subtitling, speech recognition, and video editing software make it easy. Use our software to create subtitles, sync subtitles, edit subtitles, and even generate foreign language subtitles files without ever opening another platform. All you’ll need is to upload a video file or an audio file, select ‘edit,’ and you’re ready to go. Then you can share videos that are accessible and inclusive!
Check out Maestra’s free trial today!